Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FIELD TRIP

Today my biology class went to “Stavsjøen” (Pole/Stick-lake, gah I don’t know) to do some testing of the water and look for critters around the lake in order to study an ecosystem.

CIMG5356

Wanna know something cool? In the winter it gets so cold here that this lake freezes and they make an “ice road”. Yes, I’ve driven on it.

CIMG5366

CIMG5367

My group didn’t have much luck catching anything, but we were able to catch a leech (yes EW) and this “little” guy…

CIMG5374

Freaky fact: this guy was going to turn into a dragonfly. Yep, it’s a dragonfly nymph.

CIMG5371

We took turns (group-wise) going out in this boat to take tests of the water at different depths. Afterwards we went back to school to look at what we found and write notes for a rapport.

CIMG5375

CIMG5378

I’m pretty good at my work, huh? The orange is forest, the green is farmer’s fields, the blue is buildings, etc etc….

Ah the exciting life of a student….

-S.

2 comments:

  1. Why not? I find this very fascinating, field trips always are a nice change to normal class work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! The dragonfly larvae is so interesting, we have a few dragonflies around here but I've never seen the larvae so that was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete