Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chicken Hoisin Wraps

The other day me and Paul wanted a nice and easy, light dinner after some previous heavier meals. I found a tempting recipe for hoisin chicken wraps, which fit well since we had some tortillas to eat up before they went bad.
Now I did my own little twist on the recipe because the original called for grilled chicken, and given I have no grill or anything similar I had to be creative.
  • 4 flour tortillas
  • 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 4 tsp sesame oil
  • 4 tsp soy sauce
  • 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
  • A handful of lettuce leaves
  • 2 spring onions, finely chopped.
hoisinwrap
I chopped the breasts into about dice sized bites, thought that might make it easier to eat. I put it all in a bowl and mixed in the sesame oil, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and let it sit and soak a little. Then I fried the entire thing in a pan until the chicken was done and then put that, some salad leaves (I used something called crispisalad) and some chopped spring onions. I imagine that you change the number 4 out on most things above depending on how many you’re making it for.
hosinwraps
It was super yummy, moist and light. Definitely something we’ll do again! Try it, you won’t be sorry for trying this as an easy summer dinner.
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment