Friday, May 13, 2011

Goodbye future of my dreams

I didn’t have to go to school today, because they were just going to tell people which subject they were going to have their exams in. In VG2 (The grade I’m in) you have to come up in ONE subject, just one.

I woke up at 8:40 today, my day off. I simply couldn’t stop worrying. I stayed in bed, dreading the message where one of my girlfriends at school was going to tell me what subject I got.

“Please please please please pleeeeeease not math, anything but math!” I was chanting alone in my bedroom.

*Pling pling*

Let’s not forget that today is Friday the 13th. Of course I got math.

Now why was I dreading math so much? Well let me tell you. We have three types of math classes at my school, one of which is called R1. This is the math I have, the hardest math class in VG2. Why did I pick it? I had to, the vet studies demand that I have R1 and Chemistry 1 + 2. Unfortunately that math class has not been going well for me, no matter how hard I try I just can’t understand it. I mean just look at it! Can you understand that stuff?

dafak

It’s amazing that this stuff is even legal, even more that it’s necessary. I don’t think you’ll ever have use for this unless you’re a rocket scientist or something. And the calculators! Oh my goooosh the calculators! Not to sound like freaked out teen girl but it’s just plain scary! Look!

casio_cfx-9850gb_plus

At first I must admit that I cried a little. Then I was mad and wanted to punch something. And then finally I decided to look on the bright side, focus on the positives.

#1: I am done with French FOREVER!!!

#2: The fact that I came up in a written exam now, means I will get done with school early!

#3: I am going to practise, practise, practise with this math and no matter how it goes I will know that I’ve done my very best!

Ah, optimism. It’s simply bull sometimes, but it makes me feel better. Have a nice weekend everyone!

-S.

3 comments:

  1. It´s good you are staying postive Beara and I know that you are the type of person who can do anything if you put your mind to it. Doing your best is all we ask of you and all you can ask of yourself. There is a meaning with everything my dear...and there is a meaning you got math...someday maybe you will know what that meaning is...
    Love you lots and I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss keep positive! I hate math too. In fact- I hate it so much I changed my major in college because the first one had too much math. And come to find out- my new major had just as much! There's no way to escape it- so just do ur best and stay optimistic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I know you wil do it great on the exam ;)

    ReplyDelete