Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A TOURIST IN TRONDHEIM

Last Thursday, bright and early I got up to take a plane to Trondheim.

CIMG4913

CIMG4920

Note that the island on the bottom picture is actually the island I live on. Cool right? I was pretty sure we’d fly over this because most domestic flights go above our house.

When I landed I took the airport bus in to Trondheim where I met my honey ♥ We checked in to our hotel, which I must say we loved. Note to anyone travelling to Trondheim,  Comfort Hotel is the place to stay. So nice, and actually quite cheap. A double room with a queen sized bed (not two singles) cost 880 NOK a night including breakfast and free warm drinks. Most Norwegian hotels take payment per night, per person. Sick.

CIMG4922

CIMG4925

Our first day was spent exploring the city…

CIMG4927

CIMG4930

CIMG4932

This mall was pretty much built on to the old shops. Very cool. That evening we ate at an all English (as in British) pub.

CIMG4933

CIMG4934

CIMG4937

Our hotel was right across the street from a movie theater, so on the first evening when we were kind of tired and just wanted to have a movie night in our hotel room – we could go down to the movies for popcorn.

CIMG4939

We went to Pirbadet, which from what I read is Norway’s biggest indoor swimming park. It would have been a cool place, expect there was about 1527475 million kids there. Note that in this picture, I think the wave machine was on in another pool because this wasn’t even 1/8 of the kids there.

CIMG4944

The second night we got reservations at this awesome bbq restaurant called Graffi. Again, if you are travelling to Trondheim – TRY THIS PLACE!

CIMG4959

CIMG4958

Saturday, we went out again to explore more of the city. There were beautiful buildings and some statues that certain people thought were cool…

CIMG4981

CIMG4974

CIMG4982

Then we arrived at the famous Nidaros Cathedral. This church is so beautiful, unfortunately you were not allowed to take pictures inside. The outside is quite enjoyable though anyways..

CIMG4984

CIMG4988

Nearby was this INTERESTING fence with some INTERESTING statues on it…

CIMG4990

On the way home we got some snacks……

CIMG4991

CIMG4993

I would also like to take a moment to tell you guys about my favourite meal. The dinners of all dinners for me. Fried Rice. I love it, can’t get enough of it. So when we found this quaint little chinese restaurant I couldn’t help myself, I had to have some.

CIMG4994

By the way, did you know that you can stay in HELL HOTEL here in Norway? It’s right outside of the town, just by the airport.

CIMG5008

It was such a nice weekend, I loved spending all that time with my honey. Experiencing a new town with someone you love, totally worth it.

CIMG5011

-S.

2 comments:

  1. You look so wonderfully happy, loved the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks like you had more adventures in your short time in Trondheim than i did in my 6 months of living there. your pictures bring back nice memories though! i am glad you had such a nice time :)

    Selina xx

    ReplyDelete