Friday, October 14, 2011

ROME– a love story

I fell in love this past week… with Rome. Such a beautiful city, such friendly and outgoing people, the fooood… Ah, I simply love it and going home almost brought a tear to my eye. Things were just so charming in an italian style.

IMG_1687-2

Our apartment was on Via del Moro, one of the most popular streets in the Trastevere. There was constantly people walking outside our charming windows, some were singing in Italian, some were tourists…

IMG_0963

To sum it up short, our apartment was in the perfect location! If anything, my parents might say they wished they had a bedroom. One of the beds was right by the windows and considering the “Bakery” right below our apartment also seemed to be one of the most popular bars in town, it got noisy at night..

IMG_0952

IMG_0907

It still felt as if we were in the heart of Rome, where everything happened and everyone wanted to be! Right around on the otherside of our block was the small Piazza di Santa Maria where people were entertaining almost every night! Romans have such an outgoing zest about them!

IMG_1065

There was another group the same night the photo above was taken that were just dancing to a beat, but they were so lively that they got the entire crowd to dance along! I loved it!

Then, there was the food.. Come on.. who doesn’t love italian food?

IMG_1036

IMG_1042

I’m a carbaholic, so I enjoyed myself (and so did those few extra pounds that joined me after dinner).

One of the best experiences was one of our first evenings when me and my boyfriend were going to go out for a little evening stroll. I ended up telling him there was something special I wanted to show him and we ended up running up and down streets trying to find our way. The entire time, I was the only one knowing where we were going without actually knowing where to go. Eventually though, after some detours, we reached the Colosseum which was lit up for the night. Totally a redcommendation for anyone looking for a little adrenaline rushing experience on an unplanned event.

Then of course there was the sights, monuments and historical places.. We got a guided tour of the Colosseum and the Palantine Hill before we also checked out the Roman forum. All amazing places, totally worth it to see – but get a guide, helps you know a little more about what you’re looking at!

IMG_1212

IMG_1315

I think the monument that impressed me the most was the Trevi fountain. It was sooo much bigger than I expected! And in hopes of returning to Rome, I threw a coin in the fountain..

IMG_1619

IMG_1602

One thing you might not think to do but you totally should do is visit the top of the Musei Capitolini. It will make you feel like this…

IMG_1523

when you’re standing there looking over this…

IMG_1552

IMG_1514

I could go on and on forever because I loved all of it. Adjusting to the crazy traffic in Rome, the super friendly service at restaurants, the beautiful chocolate shop owner who was 90 but looked 60 (she said because of the chocolate), the cobblestone roads, the music in the streets, the gelato, sitting in the sun drinking white wine and simply experiencing Rome in one of the best times possible! I loved it, and I am going back one day!

To see the rest of the pictures from my trip you can go to facebook and like my page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Beara-Necessities/259529040750612?sk=wall

Here I will be giving notice of when new posts are up and posting some of the pictures that just can’t fit into my posts!

Hope you all had a great week and that you’re ready for some new posts!

-S.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday, happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and so glad you enjoyed Rome. Italy is a beautiful and fascinating country, explore it all as you get chances. My favorite is probably Florence, but all parts are different and charming in their own way...and the food and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time in Rome. That apartment looked incredible! You got some GREAT photos too. Have you thought about making a photo book? I've been looking a making a few from my trips, but haven't made one yet.

    I love your hair - it's so pretty (and healthy).

    ReplyDelete